Cash4Gold - Former employee exposing the scams of Cash4Gold
|2009-07-14 11:41:35 by Former Cash4Gold Employee
|I would like an article to be posted pertaining to the refinery Cash 4 Gold, located in Pompano Beach, Fl. I am a former employee, who would like to alert/warn the public on the scamming process involved with this company. There are many of us who would like to vouch on behalf of this fast growing scam. We would like to get the word out to everyone on this step by step scam which involves so many people in this country and their valuables. |
Below I have attached the full details on the scam involving this company. We know this first hand, because this is how we were trained. Please take note of this information and do what you can to get the word out there, especially in a time when the economy has truly affected everyone for the worst. Thank you!
I am a former employee of Cash 4 Gold. I did not know much about the company before being hired. On my first day of being hired, I was taught the "Cash 4 Gold Scam" from beginning to end.
1. The "refiner's pack" that is used for you to put your jewelry is "insured for UP TO 100 dollars, " according to how much they determine from a description from you, the worth of your items to be, NOT an actual fully researched appraisal.
2. We receive your "Refiner's Pack" within 3-4 days, BUT we are instructed to tell you that it takes "7-10 business days, for us to receive your pack, ALTHOUGH many times, your package has already arrived.
(All cash4gold customers who have called customer service to track a package can vouch for this)
3. Your jewelry gets appraised by hand, a magnifying glass, a plastic container, a small weight pad, and a bottle of ORANGISH fluid, which your items are then determined a value for. Not million dollar equipment or specially trained jewelry experts. The company was temporarily closed recently due to health and code violations. I have witness testers being transported to Medical Centers, due to the testing department environment. There is literally a cloud of smoke in the air from acid and other testing material. If you were thinking it was some state of the art testing facility, you thought WRONG.
4. Although the payment (check) for your item is dated within 24 hrs of testing your jewelry, we SOMETIMES DO NOT actually send out the check until up to 3-4 days later. (if you are a customer check the date the check was issued against the stamped date on the envelope.)
5. We do offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or your jewelry returned, BUT THE CATCH IS, that the guarantee is to contact us within 10 DAYS from when your check is DATED. (This begins with the time it took for the accounts payables dept. to ISSUE the check and also including the TRANSIT TIME for you to receive your check in the mail. **** NOTATE THE COMMERCIALS THAT INSINUATE THAT YOU GET YOUR CASH IN 24 HRS.*** If you request (sign) for FAST CASH (direct deposit) you automatically WAIVE your rights to have your items returned, EVEN if you are not satisfied with amount of your deposit.
6. You generally receive your check around the "7th-10th" business day, AND majority of the time Customers are outraged when they lay eyes on the amount of their check. Some Customer's even receive a check for 0.01 cents.
7. There have been times when we have received your package and MISPLACED or LOST it at the facility. We CLAIM to not have received the items and even try to convince you that it was lost in the hands of USPS. At which point we begin an insurance claim process on your package. We ask you to send us an itemized list of the content of the package, trying to be as descriptive as you possible can (if you can remember everything in full detail) and a copy of your state issud ID. We then issue an INSURANCE CLAIM for UP TO 100 dollars. GOD FORBID your items are worth more then a 100 dollars. If you call customer service to check on the status of your shipment, and we actually have not received your package, we inform you of the insurance claim process. For those who know that their items are worth more than a hundred dollars, they become very upset and threaten to take action against the company, at that point we inform the customer that if they knew their items were worth more they should have added additional insurance at the Post Office. BUT unless you are paying to ship your items in a completely different package other then the refiner's kit, you are unable to add insurance to the package.
8. For those who do get in touch with us within the allotted time frame, we already know what you are calling about. Customers want their items returned, because there
check amount is so insultingly LOW. The first thing a Rep will
ask you is "HOW MUCH WERE YOU EXPECTING TO GET BACK?" This way we can know how much to "BONUS" you.
*Definition of a BONUS: We issue low checks just to have you call us back if you are smart enough to realize that you just got scammed. For the smart one's we are paid to offer u a bonus up to 3x the original amount of your check and you accept. For ex: Sally Smith receives a check for $27.86 for a Rolex watch(which we don’t issue value for), a class ring, a ring with diamond chips, a pair of earrings with emeralds, as well as a few sterling silver pieces, and maybe a few items that were really of no value. Now Sally Smith calls the cust srvc dept, where she speaks to a rep who seems so concerned and will see if she can do better with the amount by speaking to a "SUPERVISOR". We then place the caller on Mute, and speak to our neighbors or doodle on a sheet, or twiddle with our hair for about 45 seconds, while we are supposedly speaking to our supervisor about Ms. Smith's complaint. We then come back with an offer to "BUMP UP YOUR MELT DATE or any other lies the cust srvc reps can think of, and offer you a total amount of $53.20 which is a little under double the amount of your original check; in which case if you accept, the cust srvc rep makes a 15.00 bonus off of your transaction. If the customer service rep offers you under triple the amount of your orig check, he/she makes 10.oo in bonuses.
9. If you accept the offer, the deal is done, and you are told that the call is recorded (which most of the time, the record button does not work, or the box if full.)It’s just a way to make your feel binded by a verbal contract. IF you do not accept the deal, you have to return your check, and it takes sometimes up to a month to receive your items back after we receive the check.
10. If you only want the items that we do not find of any value back, you have to pay 10.00 shipping and handling fee to have your own items returned, which varies. Although it is listed under the terms and conditions, this charge varies from a 10.00-15.00 charge to NO charge, reason being, UNSURE.
Cash 4 Gold is definitely not a trustworthy or credible company to do business with. You are almost better off taking your items to a local pawn shop or shopping around for other companies. With the economy the way it is, Cash 4 Gold seems to be a way out of financial stress for some, but in actuality becomes a stress of its own. I would advise you to think twice before sending in valuables or items inherited and of sentimental value, its not worth it.
|2010-10-29 16:59:47 by shannie
|........ i sent somethinqq in ....|
&& then if i do decide to ask for my jewelry back ...
ill probably only qet my class rinq back
because i was rushinqq to qet iff the bus and
didnt write how many earrinqs i put in ... =^/
so looks to me my only choice is to except the offerr =(
|2012-01-26 03:12:10 by Butterfly
|We need a lot more insigths like this!|
|2012-01-26 11:07:06 by bwlzrc
|iDmsTu <a href="http://rwftsplviskh.com/">rwftsplviskh</a>|
|2012-01-28 03:36:50 by plqayt
|Sf1C4N , [url=http://zrqweihuhqrk.com/]zrqweihuhqrk[/url], [link=http://zcfbgssqmivl.com/]zcfbgssqmivl[/link], http://ieylkveinupv.com/|
|2012-01-31 10:43:22 by iitknqrt
|2yPMyQ , [url=http://edjzywjgulbc.com/]edjzywjgulbc[/url], [link=http://mwclnqmirfyg.com/]mwclnqmirfyg[/link], http://pahxtnjrdwwn.com/|
|2013-08-14 20:07:16 by Jhonatan
|make money uploading files the best pay per dwoalond site on the web is uploadercash.info you upload files and send them out and i usually get around 80 cents per dwoalond sometimes more sometimes a lil less but add it up you get 1,000 dwoalonds just postin some youtube vids you could earn around $1,000 bucks! that easy then u can refer people and get paid off every dwoalond they get . its amazing|
|2013-08-14 21:38:12 by Sandra
|Thkniing like that shows an expert at work|
|2013-08-14 23:39:36 by Cara
|Hello,My name is Carolina, form Panama City, Panama.I ABSOLUTELY :::L O V E D::: the pictures in wood. I rlelay want to try it. At home I have a bubble net ink (or sth like that) I'll let you know if that works.your website is amazing|
|2013-08-15 00:18:44 by Silke
|Hello,My name is Carolina, form Panama City, Panama.I ABSOLUTELY :::L O V E D::: the pictures in wood. I rellay want to try it. At home I have a bubble net ink (or sth like that) I'll let you know if that works.your website is amazing|
|2013-08-23 07:13:27 by Ilaria
|Do not miss the chance to make money<a href="http://xbspyl.com"> onnlie</a> now. On the internet, you can find a reliable affiliate program that does not only offer free sign-up but also give you your own free website. With the right strategy, effort, and support from the program, you can earn up to $700 daily. visit akumakemoney|
|2013-08-23 07:21:25 by Renato
|I <a href="http://rbgjlxm.com">watend</a> to spend a minute to thank you for this.|
|2013-08-23 07:30:58 by Maritza
|I just wanted to <a href="http://qdlodfajvb.com">deelvop</a> a simple word in order to appreciate you for those superb steps you are showing at this website. My prolonged internet look up has now been recognized with reliable facts and strategies to exchange with my friends. I would assume that we website visitors actually are rather fortunate to exist in a good website with many special people with useful techniques. I feel rather lucky to have encountered your website page and look forward to really more excellent moments reading here. Thanks once again for a lot of things.|
|2013-08-23 07:37:12 by Roby
|Webmaster, I am the admin at SEOPlugins.org. We profile SEO Plugins for WordPress blogs for on-site and off-site SEO. I'd like to<a href="http://warxfpwsxq.com"> itinve</a> you to check out our recent profile for a pretty amazing plugin which can double or triple traffic for a Worpdress blog and we just posted a video showing the plugin in action. You can delete this comment, I didn't want to comment on your blog, just wanted to drop you a personal message. Thanks, Rich|
|2013-08-25 09:27:55 by Garina
|Dion,That's a good question, and I think many pepole misunderstand the concept of local business. This doesn't mean that you will be required to physically go to local businesses and ask them if they want a website. If you want to, you could, but there are many different ways of doing this. For example using free classified ads is one of the best and fastest way to have clients come to you. I was leaving this piece of information for my bonus packaged but decided to share it here.As for creating websites for franchises, I don't know why you would want to do that. Tim Horton's probably has a full time staff working on his coffee and donuts internet presence. Enjoy,デレク http://peqesjprls.com [url=http://fcgxjl.com]fcgxjl[/url] [link=http://fpjslvfn.com]fpjslvfn[/link]|
|2013-08-25 09:34:58 by Lee
|より:I simply want to tell you that I'm bengnier to weblog and definitely liked your web page. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your website . You definitely have perfect articles and reviews. Thanks a lot for sharing with us your blog. http://bqepwvtoenp.com [url=http://nxipkebiowf.com]nxipkebiowf[/url] [link=http://nhlgufhzquf.com]nhlgufhzquf[/link]|
|2013-08-25 09:45:02 by Cevat
|I just want to mention I'm very new to blniggog and actually savored this web page. Very likely I’m want to bookmark your blog post . You actually come with good posts. Thanks a bunch for revealing your blog. http://ooftvimvyrr.com [url=http://ommthpe.com]ommthpe[/url] [link=http://xggfpvodg.com]xggfpvodg[/link]|
|2013-08-25 09:51:17 by Shubham
|I just want to say I am newbie to blogs and rellay enjoyed this blog site. More than likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You rellay come with perfect stories. Regards for sharing with us your web page. http://fhtefyhlk.com [url=http://akmuvdktvr.com]akmuvdktvr[/url] [link=http://qcajvhri.com]qcajvhri[/link]|
|2013-08-27 02:03:28 by Neha
| Pioneer are making it worse!Today its <a href="http://bakqaqv.com">eaesir</a> to learn to DJ then ever As?? the equipment today is tailor made for almost any tom dick harry as its Familiar to operating to a tape to learn DJing.There is nothing wrong with using CDJ's but GREAT DJs who now use CDJ's had to learn to DJing using Vinyl!) It was difficult to learn those days As Vinyl wasn't Familiar to playing tape.With contacts, whether Your Good or Shit.You will spin at club then a Great DJ who wants to deserves to get paid.|
|2013-08-27 02:09:48 by Judith
|Danielle,Excellent interview.Do these steep <a href="http://qfzylvhwhe.com">makert</a> declines typically start after some sort of crisis, such as the Lehman event in 2008? Any guess as to what might cause it to start this time around? Can the decline just start for no apparent reason and go down steadily?Is it possible that American companies are getting so much business from Asia that their stock values are reasonable? Could stocks be safer than money <a href="http://qfzylvhwhe.com">makert</a> funds, banks, etc that may have exposure to a European financial disaster? Do you think Europe will have a reasonable outcome or will it be a cataclysm?On the huge US debts, how do you think those will be delt with by the government? Do you think they will manage to get them under control or not? I'm thinking that since Wall Street owns the US government they will probably insist the government create high inflation to force people sitting on cash to put their money into stocks to prevent it from becoming worthless. Could it happen? Wall Street is trying to get congress to force employees to put their money into private accounts instead of Social Security so they have more money to pay their insane bonuses, etc, so I don't think there is a limit to the debauchery, crime and fraud that Wall St. and congress will go to in order to take our cash. Please keep us informed on your thoughts. We are just trying to keep from getting wiped out. Update us if you have any new thoughts on the metals, and thanks for your past information. I'm holding for the coming big drop to invest in something, probably including the metals and stocks/mutual funds, etc. I was too afraid after 2008 to go back in and had not heard your views so I missed that opportunity fortunately I had most assets in CDs and a fixed fund in my 401K so I didn't lose anything on the way down. But now I need to have a good run up Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.|
|2013-08-27 02:17:19 by Armando
|Webmaster, I am the admin at SEOPlugins.org. We profile SEO Plugins for WordPress blogs for on-site and off-site SEO. I'd like to<a href="http://vjlevx.com"> inivte</a> you to check out our recent profile for a pretty amazing plugin which can double or triple traffic for a Worpdress blog and we just posted a video showing the plugin in action. You can delete this comment, I didn't want to comment on your blog, just wanted to drop you a personal message. Thanks, Rich|
|Leave a Response|